dictionary ; wordbook
This dictionary has over 30000 entries.
You should make a reference to a dictionary.
That dictionary belongs to me.
He mastered these words through the arduous consultation of the dictionary.
You should look up the right pronunciation of this word in the dictionary.
Producing a dictionary is a slow process.
This dictionary cost twice as much as that one.
He is what we call a walking dictionary.
He has no dictionaries other than a small one.
1. He had to consult a pocket dictionary. 他只好去查袖珍字典。
2. Anybody who compiles a dictionary has to know his alphabet backwards. 無論誰編字典都得把字母表記得熟透.
3. The phrase is labelled as slang in the dictionary. 這個短語在這本字典里被注為俚語.
4. It's been a long haul but at last this dictionary is published. 經過千辛萬苦這部字典才終于得以問世.
5. I read English magazines with the help of a dictionary. 我借助字典翻閱英文雜志.
6. The examples in that dictionary are in italic type. 那本字典的例句是用斜體字印刷的.
7. Perhaps you might chance upon the dictionary at some old bookstall. 或許你會在舊書攤上偶然發現這本字典.
8. You'll have to hunt up the word in the dictionary. 你須在字典里查找這個字.
9. A dictionary explains words and an encyclopedia explains facts. 字典解釋詞而百科全書解釋事實.
10. I don't like that new dictionary, besides, it's too expensive. 我不喜歡那本新字典, 另外, 它也太貴.
11. If you have no idea about it, consult a dictionary, please. 要是你對這個問題不清楚, 請你查字典得了.
12. The regulations specify that you may use a dictionary in the examination. 規則規定考試時可使用字典.
13. This dictionary should be your Bible when studying English. 學習英語時,這本字典應是你的主要參考書.
14. This dictionary will be of great benefit to me. 這部字典將對我有很大裨益.
15. This dictionary will hold the field. 該字典將保持它的權威性.
16. The professor is drudging at dictionary - compiling. 教授正在辛苦地編字典.
17. He was still driving away at his dictionary. 他仍在孜孜不倦地編字典.
18. When will the dictionary come out? 那本字典什么時候出版?
19. She expressed anxiety for a new dictionary. 她渴望得到一本新字典.
20. Every word in this dictionary is important. 這本字典每一個詞都很重要.