[經] dead work
All that preparation was for nothing because the visit was cancelled.
1. Plans are rolling full steam ahead for the Jamaica Festival. 慶祝牙買加節的準備工作正開展得如火如荼。
2. The preparations for the reception of his Royal Highness proceeded. 迎接殿下到來的準備工作在有序進行。
3. Before you go near a stockbroker, do your homework. 找股票經紀人之前，先要做好必要的準備工作。
4. Preparations for the wedding were made under a cloak of secrecy. 婚禮的準備工作是秘密進行的。
5. It had taken about ten minutes to cover the preliminaries. 準備工作大概花了10分鐘。
6. A background check is normally a preliminary to a presidential appointment. 總統任命前通常要進行背景審查的準備工作。
7. Final preparations are under way for celebrations to mark German unification. 紀念德國統一的慶典活動正在做最后的準備工作。
8. Officials are laying the groundwork for a summit conference of world leaders. 官員們正在為世界首腦峰會做準備工作。
9. Preparation for the party started early. 聚會的準備工作很早就開始了。
10. The preparations were made with Teutonic thoroughness. 各項準備工作均以日耳曼人縝密的精神完成。
11. Time to prepare was a luxuary he would have to forgo. 因為時間不夠,他不得不放棄做準備工作.
12. I have to do a lot of homework for tomorrow's meeting. 明天要開會,我還要做許多準備工作.
13. I'll do all I can toward ( s ) getting things ready for the party. 我將盡力幫助做好宴會的準備工作.
14. All the preparatory work has been completed. 各項準備工作均已就緒.
15. Preparations for the meeting are in progress. 會議的準備工作正在進行.
16. At least a year's preparatory work will be necessary before building can start. 在開始動工之前至少要做一年的準備工作。
17. If we are not bang-on with our preparations then we could have problems. 如果我們的準備工作沒有做到位，就可能會遇到問題。
18. We are not very forward with our preparations for our Arctic expedition nextyear. 我們為明年北極探險所做的準備工作進展不快.
19. In the months leading up to the great ceremony, many people took part in thepreparations. 臨近盛典的幾個月里, 許多人參加了準備工作.
20. There are a lot of preliminaries to be gone through before you can visitcertain foreigners. 在訪問某些外國人之前要做好許多準備工作.