gird oneself for
in preparation for
make preparations for
to plan for...
They are preparing for the presentation of a new musical.
They have made good preparation for the upcoming elections.
The solicitor is preparing a case in the court tomorrow.
They prepared rice, flour and sundry other items of food for the poor.
He is preparing his speech for the meeting tomorrow.
I was just about to call you.
The checks and preparations carried out during this activity.
I was just preparing to go to bed when the telephone bell rang.
We must prepare to fight and we must be ready to flee.
1. Good luck is when an opportunity comes along and you're prepared for it. 好運就是當機會來臨時，你早已做好了準備。
2. French soldiers squared off with a gunman at a road checkpoint. 在一個公路檢查站法國士兵擺開架勢，準備迎戰一名持槍者。
3. Stewart has developed a tendency to mix it verbally with the opposition. 斯圖爾特現在變得只要和別人意見不合，就準備大吵一架。
4. Fraud squad officers had bugged the phone and were ready to pounce. 反詐騙小組的警員們已在電話上安裝了竊聽器，并隨時準備突擊。
5. President Castro has warned Cubans to prepare for a profound economic emergency. 卡斯特羅主席已經提醒古巴人民為嚴重的經濟危急狀況做準備。
6. He had authorisation from the military command to retaliate. 他得到軍事指揮部授權，準備反擊。
7. Many students are not adequately prepared for higher education. 許多學生并未做好接受高等教育的充分準備。
8. We encountered the pathetic sight of a family packing up its home. 我們目睹了一家人正在收拾家當準備離開的凄慘景象。
9. The feast was served by his mother and sisters. 這頓美餐是他母親和他的姐妹們準備的。
10. A minority of officers were prepared to bend the rules. 少數官員準備篡改規則。
11. We are prepared to fight for every inch of territory. 我們時刻準備著為每一寸領土而戰。
12. Two leading law firms are to prepare legal actions against tobacco companies. 兩家很有名的律師事務所準備向煙草公司提起訴訟。
13. She'd never received the merest hint of any communication from him. 她從未得到他準備溝通的一丁點兒暗示。
14. Now he plans to rev up publicity with a regional media campaign. 現在他準備通過開展地區性的媒體活動加大宣傳力度。
15. There is no provision for funding performance-related pay rises. 沒有為與業績掛鉤的加薪預作資金準備。
16. Rub the surface of the wood in preparation for the varnish. 打磨木頭的表面，為刷清漆做準備。
17. The enemy must be digging themselves in now ready for the attack. 敵人現在一定在挖掩體，準備迎接進攻。
18. He edged closer to the telephone, ready to grab it. 他慢慢挪向電話機，準備抓起聽筒。
19. If prepared many hours ahead, the mixture may separate out. 如果提前幾個小時就準備好了，混合物可能會分離開。
20. He followed Janice to New York, where she was preparing an exhibition. 他追隨賈尼絲到了紐約，她正在那里準備一個展覽。